Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Internet and The Death Of Long Form Sales Letters.

              I'm presently working on a new "Sales Letter Video" for my Quiet Fortune Inner Circle Membership.    Being an old school direct marketer, this is new for me.  As I'm putting it together, I will admit, I'm getting into it.  It's fun -- particularly the creative process.  

            Once it’s up for you it will run 24 hours a day on autopilot.  Working  as your tireless little salesperson.   Your next job is simply to drive traffic to your page.

            If you really want to learn more about putting together web vides, I highly recommend David Kaminski's WebVideo University.  I’m a customer of his and it has been well worth it.  He’s the guy.

 The video will probably be live in May.   I'm very excited.  

            What I'm finding interesting is that it's been proven through testing that people right now tend to respond better to sales letter videos then they do traditional long form sales letters.   Two well known marketers admitted as such.   What I've found interesting is they have totally scrapped their long form letters and have gone exclusively to sales letter videos.  Interesting.

            Now video sales letter are all over the Internet.  Particularly as it relates to people promoting "How To Make Money Online."  

People in our industry are used to sales letter videos.   We see them all time.   However, where they're not as prevalent are in other markets.   For instance, if your product relates to dogs, most people selling such resources are not doing sales letter videos.  When people see such presentations for the first time, they mesmerized by them.  I have an eBook I wrote a few years ago about writing creative cover letters.   I’m going to definitely do a video sales letter for it.

            Sometimes, we marketers, get so caught up in what we do, we take for granted the impact it can have when you get outside your market.   It's called being too close to what you love.   I know it happens to me sometimes when I write copy.   I allow "My selfish thinking" to get me sidetracked.   I get too focused on my thoughts and not what my product can do to help my customers.  You know, “What’s in it for them.”

            Video sales letters are really power point presentations filmed on screen recorder software.  The most popular screen recorder software is called Camtasia.   If you're serious about doing sales letter videos you will want to own the software.  I do.  At this writing it runs around $300.          

            I will definitely let you know when the video is up.  And, last, how good is Derrick Rose!



1 comment:

  1. sales letters is like getting a free sales course everyday. Now I’m not saying that every piece of mail you get will be a great sales tool.



    Marketing Letters

    ReplyDelete